Download the latest hosting schedule here.
Friday Oct 6th Arrival Day
- Guests Arrive 9:40pm at Airport
Saturday Oct 7th Hockey Day and Leafs Game
- Evaluation Skate 7:45 – 9:45am Mimico Arena
- Welcome breakfast upstairs at Mimico Arena
- Local activities with families like shopping at No Frills, Walmart
- Leaf game, entire group (GO Train 4:54PM)
Sunday Oct 8th Nature Day and Marlies Game
- Crawford Lake/Halton Hills nature walk
- Marlies game 4PM (opportunity for family and friends to attend at low cost)
Monday October 9th Thanksgiving (and Leafs Game for RI Players)
- Chill time with families
- GO Train to Lee’s workplace. Pizza dinner and office tour (RI players only). Timing tbd.
- Leafs game (RI players only).
- Pickup at GO Train required by 11pm.
Tuesday Oct 10th Mimico Day
- Mastercard Arena 11:30am – 3:30 pm
- 1 hour filming per team for Scotiabank/HNIC broadcast
- Other 3 teams will play soccer, ball hockey and tour HHOF Archives at MC when not filming
- Play hockey games at Mimico Arena 6 – 8pm. Room upstairs after games for small reception
Wednesday Oct 11th Niagara Falls Day
- Bus departure 8:45 am
- Tour the Falls, Old Fort Erie, Floral Clock, etc.
- Indoor WaterPark for swimming (still being confirmed)
- Outlet Mall stop for shopping prior to departure
Thursday Oct 12th School Day
- Take your twin to school
- St. Leo Assembly 1PM
- Free time after school and in PM if no hockey games can be arranged.
Friday Oct 13th Toronto Day
- TTC 9am
- ROM in AM
- Walking tour of Queen’s Park grounds. Lunch at Queen’s park.
- Hockey Hall of Fame in PM
- Either closing ceremony potluck dinner or free time Friday evening
Saturday Oct 14th Mimico Day and Departure
- Final hockey games Mimico Arena 7:45am
- Closing ceremony breakfast at arena if not held Friday evening
- ½ group departs in PM
Sunday Oct 15th Departure Day for Balance
- Remaining group departs in the AM
ASSEMBLY AT ST LEO CS (Thursday Oct 12th):
As part of the Northern Exchange Learning Component of the program, we are hoping that the children might be able to bring their twinned exchange partner to school with them on the morning of Thursday, October 12th, 2017 so that our Inuit guests might experience school in Ontario. We have had wonderful support from the Trustees, Superintendents and Principals of both the TDSB and TCDSB and are looking to make this a memorable component of this once in a lifetime opportunity.
In the afternoon, the parents of the children on the exchange are hosting an assembly. We would like to invite your entire class to join us at St. Leo Catholic School (165 Stanley Avenue) at 1:00p.m. St. Leo CS is accessible by public transit and walking distance for many of our neighbouring schools and we hope that this might provide a free, fun and informative class trip.
We are thrilled to announce that Juno award winning musician and motivational speaker Susan Aglukark will be offering a speaking and singing presentation of Canadian Inuit history. Through songs and stories, she will take students on the journey of the Inuit over the last 1000 years and shed some light on the psychological and cultural impact of that rapid change.